
Every night when I put Serif to bed, I cover him up and pray with him. Sometimes, he'll start saying, "Pray, pray." or "Mommy pray?" His voice often sounds as though he's worried that I'm not going to do it, but I always do. A lot of times, I 'll hear him whispering a prayer as I pray. It's so sweet.
A couple days ago we were in the bedroom playing around on an air mattress (from our camping gear that we blew up to play on.) He loves to "Go under tent!?!" as I raise the sheet up and over the two of us. This particular day, he decided to pretend sleep. He asked me, "Mommy pray?", so of course I did. Then he wanted me to go to sleep, so I proceeded to play along with the pretend napping. He suddenly began to pray for me. "Thank you Jesus . . . (soft mutter) . . . Mommy . . . make it better . . . amen." It was so sweet I almost cried. My prayers always start with "Thank you Jesus for my Serif." I think I've started my prayer with that phrase since the day he was born. It was so neat to hear him pick up on it and know it like that. It melts my heart.
verrrrrry cute. for awhile, evan would pray with me. I say the words and he insisted on repeating (part of the master plan to teach him) but then he decided to be 2 a few months ago and won't repeat the prayers much. still, he would say many sentences himself of the same phrases i always say "dear heavenly father, thank you for this day..". it is heart melting and so wonderful. On the otherhand, there are things he repeats, i'd rather he didn't. lol.
ReplyDelete