Saturday, April 16, 2011

Potty Training - Day One

Okay, well, it's not really day one. He got a little potty back around Christmas and he's been going at school consistently since January, not always successfully. Today was our first (almost) full day to stay in underwear. He did great overall. I think the best thing to do is set a timer so I don't forget to ask or take him. They take them potty every hour at school, so that's what we're trying for. Serif responds well to a timer. We've been using it for timing activities and different things and he always hears it go off and comments on it (for instance, "Hockey's done!")

I was hoping to send him to school Monday in underwear but not sure yet. We just bought him a lot of underwear and extra shorts and pants to prepare us. Ms. Jen suggested trying it this weekend and see how I goes but next weekend may be better since we'll have 3 days to work with him (Easter weekend). We'll see. It's tough to keep him in underwear consistently because we're rarely home that long without going somewhere. This is going to be interesting.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. that is a great benefit of daycare, people who encourage and support potty training. i only ask evan everyone once in awhile but decided this summer i really want to work on it with him. i'll be keeping up with your reports to learn what to do. lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete