Monday, April 25, 2011

So Far, So Good!

Serif's been doing really well with this potty training stuff. Saturday night I was going to put a pull-up on him for bed and he stopped me and said, "I want underwear, Mommy." What!?! Really!?! I was beside myself at that comment. Needless to say, I put the pull-up back and put his underwear on him. He stayed dry all night and went potty when he got up.

We went to the Predators game last night and put him in a pull-up. He looked at me during the first period and said, "I gotta go potty, Mommy.". I couldn't believe it! The puck was in play so I told him to hold it a minute until the puck stopped and we'd go. We got to the restroom and I was honestly expecting him to bail out and say he didn't have to go, but he went . . . proudly! I was so excited and just glowed the rest of the night!

He slept in underwear last night and ended up waking up at 2:45 this morning wanting in bed with me. I told him it was the middle of the night and he needed to go back to bed. He fussed for a minute before giving in but as we walked down the hall, I told him we should go potty. He went right in there and went. He was so sweet because he would squint his little eyes at me, trying to block some of the light from the nightlight. When he finished, he looked at me and smiled and said, "I go pee-pee!" He washed his hands and then I held him and rocked him in the glider for a few minutes (I promised this if he went potty) and then he went back to bed. i did lay next to his bed until he fell asleep. He woke up dry and went back to the potty a couple times before school.

I took extra clothes and underwear to daycare this morning, fully expecting a bag full of wet clothes and underwear. Jeff picked him up this afternoon and was given a fantastic report; he stayed dry all day!!! I'm SO proud if him that I can hardly get over it!

Tonight we went to Target to buy more underwear and after potty-ing several times, we were back at the toys when he said that he pee-peed. He was barely wet. We went back to the bathroom where he went, again, and as he was washing his hands he said, "I wash my hands all day long!" He was so proud of himself! What a great day, I'm so proud of you, buddy!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment