Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Gun


We spent the day in Chattanooga on Friday and enjoyed the aquarium, shopping and Festival of Lights at Rock City.

We were entering the start of the trail to Rock City when spotted "SEE ROCK CITY" bird houses. We had to stop and look. When we did, Serif discovered something he found equally as interesting . . . a gun! He got so giddy over this little thing and would not hardly let us start the tour. We finally convinced him that we'd be stopping back by after the tour and we could see them again.

Well, the entire tour all we heard was "I want to go back and get that gun. I want to go back and get that pink gun." Ha! Ha!! Needless to say we did go back and he did get that gun.

Other conversation on the tour:

"I wish I had a gun like Uncle Don." -No, his isn't pink. =)

"If I had a gun I would shoot that deer." This was said as we were passing lit-up reindeer on the tour. Sigh . . .

Jeff (to me): "Uncle Don's going to kill us." (for getting a pink gun)

Serif: "I'm going to kill Uncle Don."

I think the main reason he ended up with that gun was because it was pink. It somehow made it a little less serious feeling. Although I must say that as we were driving home, Serif pointed it at me and pulled the trigger and said "I shoot you." THAT was the true moment of buyers remorse.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i feel like i was there. i am dreading that moment and conversation. uncle don has a lot of influence on that boy and is gonna have to contribute to serifs education in gun safety!! lol. ;) 'cute' gun. yes pink makes it seem less 'threatening' if you will. ;) he he he. good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete