Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Card - 2011

Okay, so I didn't get Christmas cards out this year but this would have been the photo for it had I gotten that far. We went to see Rider's in the Sky at the Country Music Hall of Fame a couple weekends ago and much to our surprise, Santa was there! They were taking free photos and no one was in line so I asked Serif if he wanted to go tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. He looked over at Santa sitting in a nice big chair in front of an enormous Christmas tree and said, "Yeah!" I wasn't really expecting him to say yes since he tends to be very shy and not usually game for going up to strange (or even familiar) people.

I immediately walked him through the blue velvet rope all the way up to Santa Claus. He got up there and quickly walked up to him and put his hand on Santa's knee. Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas and Serif said, "A spiderman." Santa said okay and continued asking him "What else would you like for Santa to bring you? Would you like anything else?" Serif shook his head no and could never come up with anything. Santa even threw out a few suggestions but none seemed to interest him. Santa then asked if he'd like to sit up on his knee for a picture and I was shocked when Serif shook his head yes and hopped right up there like it was nothing. I stood back in awe of what I was witnessing. I couldn't believe it. Serif is never this easy to do stuff like this. Santa told him to look at the round ball (the camera lens) and I told him to say cheese. He did and we got this really great shot! I was so dumbfounded at the whole bit that I couldn't wipe this silly grin off my face for the rest of the afternoon.

We then went on in to see the show and it was fabulous! Wa-hoo, Wahoo, WA-HOO!

1 comment: