Monday, August 19, 2013

First Monday Home

When Serif woke up around 8:15 this morning, he came in to the living room where I was sitting on the sofa waiting for him to wake up. I reminded him that this is his first Monday to not have to go to school. He gasped and smiled really big and came and gave me a big hug. We sat on the couch a while and he snuggled up with me. He then asked, "Do I not have to go to school for a whole week!?!" I told him not for a whole year. He then asked if that was a long time. I explained to him all the holidays we'll be home for and went through the seasons. He looked at me wide eyed and surprised and lunged at me with a huge hug. This hug lasted for 2 minutes straight! Longest one I ever remember getting.

After eating breakfast together he wanted me to read the story of Snow White. He began singing the "Hi-Ho" song and went to get the book. Several times throughout the book he would randomly fall over me with a big squeeze. At the end of it he stood to his knees and looked at me and said, "I'm going to give you something really sweet." And he fell over me again and squeezed the biggest hug. Then he looked at me with a great big grin and said, "You are my most favorite person in our family." (Sorry honey!)

What a great morning. I must say its been rather weird to not go to work this morning. I'm going to miss so many people there. They have truly become like family to me. I think my time with Serif will pay off and be worth every moment of it. I'm feeling very blessed to have this opportunity and thanking God for his direction, clarity and peace about this new change. I am also very grateful that I have such a wonderful husband (of 19 years tomorrow!) that is so supportive of me. I'm a lucky lady.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment