Towards the end of the show I told him his class was coming on Thursday. I was getting ready to remind him that we would be joining them when he chimed in with, "but we won't be going then because I'm home now and not going back to school." It caught me off guard and was pretty funny. I guess we'll play that one by ear.
After the show he immediately wanted to go to the puppet play area. We spent about 5-10 minutes there before moving on. It was amazing to see how much he knew about the library and also what he didn't know.

I discovered a fun computer area where they could learn how to use a mouse and keyboard by playing educational games. It was actually pretty cool. He seemed to enjoy it and you could tell he was unfamiliar.

The one book he wanted was "The case of bad tattle tongue" but it was out and has 4 holds on it so I guess it's a pretty popular one right now. It'll be a month before we see that one.
We did get other books, a few movies/shows and a cd to listen to. I think the library will definitely be on the weekly rotation.
One other interesting thing happened during the story time. The song the sang at the end was Louis Armstrong 's What a Wonderful World. This is the song that played at the beginning of our wedding when the wedding party entered the sanctuary. It was perfect. It certainly put a smile on my face.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment