Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bedtime Conversation: Heaven

We were reading a new book from the library tonight when I read the word "heaven." Serif quickly said, "(gasp!) Heaven is where God lives!"

Me: Yes it is!

Serif: Do you have to be dead to go to heaven?

Me: (unsure of how to best respond) Yes. You would be dead here but not in heaven.

Serif: So when you're dead here, God transforms you back to life in heaven.

Me: Yes!

Serif: Is King Saul in heaven?

Me: Hmmm, well I'm not sure. Was King Saul mean?

Serif shook his head yes.

Me: He didn't like Jesus did he?

Serif: No. (Shaking his head)

Me: Then no, he probably is not in heaven. But David, you know David and Goliath, that David? David is in heaven.

Serif: Yeah! I want to see him when I get to heaven.

Me: And I bet he could teach you how to shoot a good sling shot too!

Serif: Yeah!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment