Sunday, April 7, 2013

First time sick

Serif got sick yesterday for the first time in his life. I mean, he's been sick but has never thrown up (besides your typical baby spit up). There's been so much going around his school that I guess he finally got it. Thankfully it was just a short term thing. He ate a decent dinner tonight and has been running around almost like nothing ever happened.

It has obviously affected him some though because every time I'd offer him something to eat, he would tell me no and that it may make him throw up again. Ha! We've had lots of fresh fruit smoothies, toast and tea with honey and cinnamon. I think he'll be ready for milk again tomorrow.

I'm so glad this happened at home on a weekend and not at school. He seemed off at lunch Saturday when he didn't want his lunch. He said he was hungry but he didn't want to eat. Weird and not like him. At nap time he felt a little warm when I kissed his forehead. He fell asleep right away and when he got up we went to the farmers market. The whole time he seemed a little sluggish and kept asking if we could go now. He said his stomach hurt. I offered to go ahead and buy bananas so he could have one for a snack. I figured since he hadn't eaten much he was probably starving. He ate a few bites of it then kept repeating to go home. I quickly finished up and we headed home. When we got home, he got out of the car and walked around to the trunk to show daddy the watermelon he got but as soon as he came over he got sick everywhere. Poor guy didn't know what was going on. Once that was over he started feeling a better. Later he talked about other kids in his class getting sick. I guess he's seen it plenty but has never experienced it until now. It's funny because now he wants to tell people about it. I think it somehow made a pretty big impact on him. I don't think he'll be forgetting about this for a while. Just glad he's better.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment