Serif's favorite part of the bedtime routine is when he gets to run through the house to give daddy a great big knock-over hug. Tonight he ran from his room to the living room for the hug. When they were done, Serif ran back to the bedroom frantically and jumped in my lap and said, repeatedly, "I want to hold you. He's gonna get me." Jeff was coming through the kitchen and when he got to the bedroom he said, "I was just going to give you a kiss." Serif smiled and got his kiss. Jeff went to put something away in the playroom and Serif yelled to Jeff, "I love you!" then he snuggled up to me and rubbed my face and said, "Mommy, you're my best friend."
Once we were done with everything and ready for books we got in the bed and read in his moon light. I got to a page in his "Flip Flap Fruit" book where it talks about grapes. I told him that when I was little, we would eat all the grapes off the vine and my mom would turn it upside down and sing (and I sang about Zacius was a wee little man.) He listened to the whole song and said, "When I was just a wee little baby, Grandma Musser was my Mommy and she sang Jingle Bells (and he sang it.)
Serif, you are the sweetest! You melt my heart and make me cry . . . in a good way . . . a very good way. I love you with all my heart and I'm so thankful for you.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
awe! so sweet indeed.
ReplyDelete