
I've started something new with Serif recently. Every day I will out of the blue look at him and ask, "Do you know what I love about you?" He always get this little grin on his face and he'll say, "Yeah." He doesn't really know what I'm going to say, it's his way of saying "What?" I then will say whatever I happen to feel at the moment. For instance, the other day we were at the dinner table and I asked him and answered with, "You're such a good eater."
He proceeded to ask me, "Mommy, do you know what I love about you?", he said "You're such a good drinker." One night at bedtime I told him that I loved that he was such a good sleeper. The next night he asked me and he said, "That you're such a good sleeper like me." This always melts my heart. He's so sweet.
Today we got home from work and his mood just seemed a little off. He was painting a picture for his Uncle Don, who just had knee surgery today, and he got paint in his hair. Jeff swooped him up and said that he needed to come look in the mirror and laughed. When he got down to look, Jeff and I both laughed. Normally this will get him to laughing but not today. He got this pouty, embarrassed, angry look on his face and I immediately apologized. I felt horrible! He looked as though he wanted to cry but he decided to get angry instead. I grabbed a peep from his Easter basket and called him to his room for a minute. I had him sit in my lap and when he got up there I said, "Do you know what I love about you?" He grinned and responded with his typical, "Yeah." I said, "I love that you enjoy painting and I love how beautiful your artwork is." Then I gave him the peep. He grinned and took the peep and asked if it was for him. I said, "Yes, I just gave this to you." He asked if he could eat it andIi said yes. He then looked at it, grinned and said, "Do you know what I love about this?" and he held out the peep. I asked, "What?" He said, "That I can eat his head."
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment