Thursday, March 6, 2014

First Time Consigning

Since finding out we're having a girl, we've started clearing out all the boy clothes we've been saving in the basement. It has felt so good to get stuff out of there and purge! But, it's been a lot of work! I've spent the past month sorting through clothes and shoes to put them in a consignment sale so we can make a little money to spend on the new girl as well as Serif new spring clothes.



I decided to have a pre-sale at our house prior to tagging everything for the real sale. I had four friends to shop and sold a good chunk of stuff. I made $126 from it. I didn't think that was too shabby, especially since everything was $1-3 with very few exceptions. (A special thanks to Melissa and Janice for finding a good wardrobe for bean!). :)



I finally got everything tagged for the forest hills baptist church sale (Kids Bargains) sale and dropped it all off on Tuesday. I ended up with 134 items total. Tonight was the pre-sale for those that put things in the sale and also new moms. I just checked my sales and so far my stuff has grossed $128! I sold 34 items tonight! The split at this sale is 70/30, so I won't see all of that but it's still good and I'm helping their youth go on mission trips this summer. Win win if you ask me. :)



This sale will go on from 7-7 tomorrow and then Saturday is half price day from 7-2. I pick up all unsold items on Monday. I've already signed up for the DCA consignment sale that is the first of April. Anything not sold in this sale will go to DCA. Then I'll donate what's left after that.



This will all have to be done again in the fall since they only accept spring and summer items right now. So, more work ahead. Even if I don't sell anymore right now, I think it's all been worth it. I'm grateful that I gave it shot. This is the start of many more sales for me.



No more going to the basement. Feels so good!

Update:
End of day one, public sale: sold 76 out of 133 items. Grossed $274.

End of final sale: sold 97 items, grossed $326.50!

Next sale: DCA, April 3-5! It'll be cake to tag now!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment