Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines




Our valentines day has been a week long process. Tuesday, we decided to make valentine sugar cookies for Wednesdays bible study. Serif wasn't too interested in making the dough this time but once it was ready to roll out, he jumped right in.




Once the cookies had cooled he helped decorate them. The above cookie turned out to be his favorite one that he did. He said, "Mommy, I like this one so much that I don't think we should ever eat it." I told him that we could take a picture of it do he could always remember it. He loved the idea and consumed the cookie within minutes after that.




Thursday, we worked on some worksheets: the letter V, the number 13 since it was the days date and also the calendar and his name.







He was very proud of his work and wanted me to take a picture to send to daddy at work. He also helped to put together his Lego guy the night before so he was really enjoying that also.



Since he had his Lego guy back (from being in parts in his Lego box) he really wanted to get this coordinating guy. It's a pair that you can combine to make one big guy. I had to go to the Carter store at Opry Mills anyways to pick up some hangers (I'm preparing his old clothes for a consignment sale). The Lego store is practically next door so I let him pick out a guy for Valentines day. They ended up not having the guy he wanted, it's discontinued. But he found this guy instead. He was so exited that we sat in the food court and put him together. Then enjoyed some lunch before running more errands.



Today, Valentine's day, he wanted to work with his lab kit he got for Christmas. He loves food coloring, baking soda and vinegar. They make the best potions. I couldn't resist this photo. It looked more like he'd just undergone some major surgery.






After the lab experiments, he had a dentist appointment for a cleaning. All went well. We shopped a little at the consignment store next door then grabbed lunch and headed to Grandaddy's (a special request Serif made for valentines day). To Serif's most pleasant surprise, Manny and Integrity were there. Their mom, Crystal, has been in the hospital all week so dads been watching the kids. They played all day, literally. Around 5:00 he decided he wanted to spend the night. He wasn't really prepared but since they're so close in size they let him use some of their pajamas. He had his toothbrush from the dentist that morning and his clothes weren't dirty at all since he wore a costume most of the day there. I think this is the first time he's spent the night there. So glad that he has so much fun with them. Hopefully their night goes well. They were watching Wall-E when I left.






I did run to the store before leaving to get toothpaste. I couldn't resist getting them these glow sticks to play with for the evening. At a buck a piece, it's cheap fun entertainment . . . and they loved them!



Update: all went well. They all slept with their glow sticks and they are going for round 2 tonight! One more night at Grandaddy's! Ha!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment