Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bad mom?




Serif wanted to go out and play in what snow was left this afternoon. I told him to go ahead and go out and I'd be out after I vacuumed. He got geared up, went out and tinkered around a few minutes then came back in to check on me. I told him I still had a little to do so he went on back out. As I made my way to the living room rug, I spotted him out the window. He had pulled his rocking chair over to look off the deck at the birds and squirrels. It was such a bitter sweet moment. It was sweet that he could actually slow down to enjoy nature but I felt a bit like I was letting him down. He really has little interest in playing out there by himself.


After I finished the rug and was about ready to put the vacuum away, I saw him get up from the chair, move to the stair rail and start kicking slush off the deck. He was obviously so bored but trying to be patient with me. He is growing up so fast.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment