Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Quiet time

Serif did not want quiet time today but after 4 days of no naps or quiet time it was starting to take a toll. He has been good today but really moody and the smallest things would make him melt. After being in his room for 30-45 minutes, I hear him kicking his wall. I went in and asked him to not do that and he kicked again. I asked if he wanted to spend the rest of quiet time in the (timeout) chair and he said no. I told him to lay down and not kick the wall and I went back to the other room. I immediately started hearing him calling for me. When I went back in there he said he did want to go to the chair so I let him. I told him no books or anything in the chair. Of course a few minutes later I hear him flipping through pages. Again, I went to his room and put the book of the shelf and reminded him of the rules. Finally, it stayed quiet for a while and when I went in to check on him I found him like this.




These are the moments you feel the sweetness of a child and the toughness of parenting. I felt bad for him sleeping in the chair but proud that he actually stayed there. Glad he was smart enough to get a pillow and blanket when he realized his efforts to stay awake were being defeated.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i l.o.v.e. this. the story, your thoughts, the pictures. I'm BACK to comment on all your families awesomeness. xo

    ReplyDelete