Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tonight's Funny

Serif's latest thing is role play. We can no longer sit and read books quietly one after another without having to stop and act out the story. It's a lot of fun and he's so creative with his character.

Tonight when it was time to read, he went into character, made 2 fists with pulled up curled index fingers and in a mean Captain Hook kind of voice, said, "I have hookers!"

I obviously laughed and tried to keep my mind focused on his character and not where my mind seemed to automatically take me. After playing around a minute and reading our 3 bedtime books it was time to turn out the moonlight. He raised up his "hooker" hands and said, "Mommy, will you turn out the light because I have hookers."

After laughing out loud a minute and then pulling myself together I asked him if he could just call them hooks or hook hands. I hope I didn't embarrass him but after that he said, "No, I will just call them hands." I typically like to explain things to him but that one . . . ? I couldn't think quickly enough to explain on his level so we just moved on to our lights out and prayer. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment