
Now that Serif is 4, we have decided to make a change in his daily routine. This weekend we moved most of his shirts out of his closet down to his dresser drawer so he can pick everything out himself. We have always kept his pants here but his shirts have always hung on the top rod of the closet so it would be easy for us to access. We will typically pull out 2 or 3 choices to let him pick what he wants to wear and we would help him get dressed. We had a conference with school last week and learned that he can get dressed all by himself. I think we knew that but would help him anyways, usually because its quicker with less dilly-dally. So here it goes. We'll see how this works. I took the photo while everything was nice and tidy. We'll see how long that stays as well. That might be my bigger concern than mismatched outfits. One thing I've learned over the years is that I like to be in control . . . of everything. I guess everyone is like that to some degree. I just hope that when I need to have a say in the matter that he won't give too much push back. Sigh . . . It's all about balance.
Yeah, balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment