I dropped Serif off at school this morning and everything went really well. As I was leaving, I realized I forgot to take in his extra clothes for his bin. I went on to the car, got his stuff and returned to his class. He was very content playing in the play pantry . . . until he saw me. He immediately came over and wanted to "hold you". I put away his clothes and explained what I was doing then gave him a quick hug and kiss and tried to get out the door. Well, he wouldn't let me go and kept blocking the door. His teacher was preparing breakfast for all the kids and so I was left to figure this out. After a couple attempts to get him to let go of my leg and let me get to work, I told him that he's not allowed to cross the line (the transition strip where his room has carpet and the hallway is tile). He looked at it and stood just behind it. I stepped over the line and started on my out and told him I loved him and I'll see him in a little bit. He stood in that same spot with his arms reached out to me and he got the pouty face that he gets just before he looses it. First i was surprised that he actually stayed but then it crushed me. I walked slower as i got out of site and i could here him crying. It was so sad, but I had to keep going. I wanted so bad to go back and squeeze him but I knew i couldn't. What a heart breaking start to a day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
i do NOT envy that walk of shame. being parents is so hard sometimes. :(
ReplyDelete