Every night for the past 2 weeks Serif has asked for our last bedtime book be "the ocean one." This is one that I had made through iPhoto of our Florida vacation last year. Tonight he noticed that there was a sand dollar on one of the pages. He asked me what it was and I told him a sand dollar. He then asked, "Who made that?" I first said Jesus but quickly corrected myself to say God. There was a slight pause in our conversation and he said, " Serif God-by . . . so, I made that!"
To explain a little further, we have also been reading another book that goes through all the letters of his name and spells it out a letter at a time (each page building on the next.) So one page has "God" spelled out as we spell "Godby." I assume this is what triggered that in his head. So funny!
Developmental note: He's been spelling "Serif" for a couple of months now but "Godby's" been slower. He does recognize both on paper though and can find his name on things at school.
so cute, he is definately like God that sweet little kid.
ReplyDelete