Monday, July 4, 2011

A Monster







Serif has been glued to footage of an Alice Cooper concert lately. In one scene (song), Alice builds a big monster. His eyes are lights and he comes to life and walks around the stage. Alice knocks him over at the end and then he moves to a new song. Serif is always asking to "Watch Alice build a big monster?"

Well, as I used up the last of the oatmeal this morning, I was inspired to make him a monster with the empty container. I pulled together more cardboard and paper and cut holes in the oatmeal container for arm placement. I loosely put it together for him to show him what it was and before I knew it he was knocking down and reassembling bigger and better monsters! He insisted that the rocket become part of the monsters body and that the head would go on the top of it. He soon grabbed his tennis shoes for the monster so he could have feet. It was hilarious and crazy at the same time. He amazed me that he could get this thing to balance so well. More fun with no money spent . . . nice.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. amazing. watching the alice vid... by chance is the drummer shirtless? perhaps this is where your genius rocker got his shirtless drumming inspiration? hmmm? :)

    ReplyDelete