Monday, June 27, 2011

Poop and Prizes

I never thought I'd give prizes for anyone going poop in the potty, but recently we've found it to be a pretty good tool for the second half of potty training.

Last week, Serif had a stomach bug and we finally got him to go in the potty. It took luring of a lollipop to do it, but it worked! We couldn't have been more proud of him! He's been doing better since then but we've still got a ways to go. Lots of praise and prizes seem to be doing the trick for now. We've decided were just going for it at this point.



Serif was taking a bath tonight when he suddenly said, "i gotta go poop." Once he said it was okay, I hurried and got him out of the tub and put him on the potty. He did it! Yahoo!!!! He got a purple lollipop and a monkey plate! When he told Jeff what he did, he said, "I poop a big snake!" . . . awesome. Hehe.

Then he started acting like Popeye, "ARRRRrrrrrr!"









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. i am completely laughing out loud. not only in the conversation but the fact that he got these prizes immediately while still having bath time. priceless. ;) thank you for that. i feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete