Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am so blessed.

Tomorrow will mark our 16th wedding anniversary. Yes, 16! It seems a bit strange that we've been married that long; I guess time does fly when you're having fun.


After all these years I am still amazingly blessed to have such a wonderful, thoughtful, loving husband. Five months or so ago, Jeff informed me that he was planning a secret vacation for our anniversary this year. I was tickled pink to think about such places he'd book us to go. Time has passed and tomorrow is the day that he sweeps me away to a secret little place that only he (and a few other fortunate few) know about. I am so excited to land the plane and see where this long awaited ride will take me. No matter where it is it will be amazing because he picked it and he will be there with me to enjoy it to the fullest.

Prior to having Serif, I could never understand why parents never went anywhere without their kids. It was hard to wrap my mind around the fact of it never being just the two of them again, even for a weekend! The thought has now come full circle and I now have a better grasp on that concept. This being said, I do think time alone together is a good thing in order to continue that foundation that sets the family together. It will be good for us and good for Serif to know that it's okay to be apart for a little while and that we'll be back together again soon.

Tonight, we had to drop Serif off at his Uncle Don and Aunt Shannon's house; he will be staying with them the next few days until we come back on Monday night. He absolutely loves spending time with them and I know he will do just fine. Regardless of that little known fact, it was still a little tough to leave him behind.

Serif has spent the night with them two other times and all went well. We were fine and really got to enjoy a little break to reminisce and re-live the old days of date nights with movies, dinner and no bed time. I'm sure this trip will be the same, but it's just a little harder to think of him not being around and not even in close proximity!

He did well tonight. He started to cry but it didn't last long. By the time we got in the car to drive away, he was laughing with Aunt Shannon and seemed to do well as we shoveled all the things we wanted to say in a quick wave through the window: "Bye! I love you! Be good! See you soon!"


I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family: A husband that I love so dearly and who is so incredibly and graciously good to me and a son that we both adore with all our hearts. Thank you Lord for our family and for giving us such a wonderful and blessed life together. Now, please keep us safe on this trip so we can reunite real soon! ;)

2 comments:

  1. amen! amen! amen! stay safe and have a wonderful time. i bet he is taking you to do something i will be very jealous of so maybe this planning something and surprising people will rub off on michael. :) he he he. and i LOVE the buzz jeff, it looks great but what wouldn't right? you two are a handsome couple. Happy Anniversay, here's to the next 16 years (toasting with mormon favorite: fruit punch, he he he)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i love the long post! i knew you could do it, it was perfect :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete