Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ever wonder . . .

. . . what to do with all those pampers boxes? You build a fort! Now for the money you put in to these expensive little boxes you should be able to build a real one! But, unfortunately you gotta have diapers.


5 comments:

  1. great, clever idea! we used our last box (praise the Lord our girlie is pretty nearly potty trained) as a sled! (see fb for photos) p&g should pay us parents to give them unique ideas like this for use on their website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol above on p&g paying. great thinking! lol. ;)
    evan started sitting under his highchair this week and playing a lot more exclusively under the table this week. i've been wanting to get him a 'tunnel' since xmas when he used one at my parents house and loved it. they say they are really good for their perception. i posted a link for ikea on fb (last week?) that tells you about why tunnels (or forts i assume) are good for our kiddos. very interesting. you should totally build a diaper box/afghan tunnel around the coffee table and chase him around it. he will LOVE it! :) i have wood, i'll need to get knee pads, now that i'm such an old lady. lol! ;) he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Great idea! I bet he was loving that:) I've gotten to see Serif in action a bit lately since I've been hanging out in the nursery at church with little Millie. I love watching him...he wanders around very quietly just checking things out...he's got a great personality...funny and sweet:) This past Sunday he was obsessed with the cd player:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this in a parenting magazine and thought of you guys. I'm sure you and Jeff could deck this thing out. Look at what you did with diaper boxes!
    http://thislittlepiggyshouse.com/products/littleplayhousei/product_littleplayhousei_thum.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so cool Stef! that's really what i'd like to do, but the diaper boxes have too many creases to reconstruct them. i want to cut out places for arms and his head and paint it to make him into a robot or something, but he's too small yet to make that work. I think i'll have to stick with paper grocery bags for now. oh well.
    Lila - a friend of mine is going to ikea this weekend and picking up a tunnel for him. i've wanted one for a while now, but have had a tough time finding them (NOT in primary colors - UGH!)

    ReplyDelete