Last Friday, we got the biggest snow in years. We don't get a lot of snow around here, so we were all pretty excited to see it. It started Friday morning around 8:00 with light flurries. I took Serif to daycare and went on to work. The newscast weren't predicting it to start until 11 or so. Around 9:15, I looked out the window at work, it was like a blizzard outside. The sidewalks were white and the roads were even starting to coat. Then they made an announcement saying to use your own judgment as far as leaving, so I took off to get Serif to get him home safely. We made it home and played until daddy got home. I had a hair appointment at 1:30 that Jeff had to be home for so he could watch Serif. Once I got back home, we decided to go for a stroll up the street.
Any time we do happen to get snow, everyone comes to the end of our street (one block away) to the Shelby Golf Coarse. It's beautiful over there and the hills are perfect for sledding . . . so that's what everyone does! Jeff stopped by the hardware store on his way home, but they had a sign on their door "sold out of sleds". Since that wasn't working out, we decided to pull out the trusty wagon and layer it in blankets for Serif.
It was so cold and the snow was so wet that after a short walk, we decided to go back home. Serif had already been fighting a runny nose and mild cough that I didn't want to risk him getting worse.When we got back to the house I got Serif out of the wagon. It was so funny because he did not want to go in. He was having a blast just running around in the snow. Just before we left the house we put his snow boots on him. He could barely walk due to them being so bulky and stiff. It was hilarious! I certainly didn't' expect him to walk as well as he did out there.
He mostly liked walking in the street and across the street in the neighbors yard. I think he was trying to get away from our front door because he knew that meant going in. The outdoor lover that he seems to be, it didn't so much surprise me. So we let him run around to enjoy this beautiful snow just a little bit longer.
Oh! I almost forgot to say that he was 15 months on Friday too! Happy 15 months Serif!
i love his boooooogers! :) the last photo is the best. happy 15mo serif! he he he. you got so much snow! wow. i love the pictures and jeff walking helmut with serif is so sweat, i could see it done in pencil by an artist for posterity. that would be so sweet! :) i wanted a sled too.. maybe i should go look for one now for 8 years from now when we 'might' get snow like that again. he he he
ReplyDelete