It's bedtime. We read our stories, prayed and cuddled. I kissed his cheek and told him goodnight as I always do before I head to bed myself. He squeezed me and said, "But I'm afraid you're going to leave and be with Jesus."
A large breath with worry hit then reality of no guarantees. Then feeling incredibly blessed to have all the time that I do have with him.
To preface this, it is Easter Sunday and I am leaving for a business trip tomorrow and won't be back until late Thursday. A lot of talk about Jesus dying on the cross, me being gone and today . . . He's Alive! Before laying down, I asked him if he remembered what today is and instead of "It's Easter!" He said, "Jesus is Alive!!!" Quite surprised and proud I am thankful for our church and his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Kelly. He adores her and learns so much from her. So thankful he's being taught the truth.
After I said the prayer, he asked me if Jesus was God. I told him yes but that God was Jesus' daddy. too. He said, "Jesus has two daddies! God and Joseph!" Ha! Yep, I guess so!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment