Saturday, May 12, 2012

One Year Ago

We are packing up and getting ready to head back to Seacrest, Florida.  It's hard to believe that this photo was taken just one year ago.  He is getting so big and so tall.  He's not even a toddler anymore.  I look forward to putting this years "Florida Vacation' book together and seeing how much things have changed since last year.

Years past, we have always driven to Florida.  This year, however, we had some airline tickets that we needed to use up, so we'll be flying down this time.  Serif has been counting down the days for the trip.  He's been so excited to fly.  I hope he likes it as much as he's thinking.  We've been getting him use to headphones so he can watch Finding Nemo on the plane.  The flight is pretty short, but he'll probably have just enough time to squeeze that one in.

I got a really good deal on a dinosaur backpack that we're going to surprise him with for the plane ride.  I picked up a few new books from the dollar bin at Target and we'll pack up some of his smaller favorite toys and some Highlights magazines for activities . . . and we didn't forget gum!  All of this should help fill some of the airport time and make the plane ride calming and enjoyable.  

I'm sure we'll be posting while we're down.  We plan to take a day trip to Cape San Blas and St. Joseph State Park this trip too.  We've heard so many good things about the area, but had a hard time committing the entire trip without checking it out first.  I think we're really going to like it though.  There is a lot of sea life, shells and even deer in the park.  It sounds interesting to be located at the end of a peninsula.  They have walking trails, boat and kayak rentals, playground, picnic areas and even campgrounds.  I think we'll plan a trip there next year if we really like it that much.   It's about an hour and a half from Seacrest, so not too bad.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment