Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Homework




Serif moved to the Busy Bees class last month at school. He loves it and has blossomed since being in there. They just started sending homework home about every other week. It's been fun to watch what he can do. He matched these shadows right away and did a great job connecting them with a line.


It was amazing to watch him do the dot-dot page. He didn't read the numbers but he saw the shape and traced very well! He started to get in a hurry but when I suggested he slow down he did and got back on track right away.


Before he left the counter, I asked him if he could write his name. I was blown away when I saw him writing letters so carefully. He would write a letter then call it out. He knows how to spell his name; if you ask he'll spell it out for you like spelling bee. The second letter wrote was a "b" instead of and "e" and as soon as he drew it he said, "b!". I was impressed. This is the best I've seen him do with letters. I'm so proud. These are the times I feel good to have him in daycare. He learns so much!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. um. soooooooooooo impressive! I'm proud of you too Serif. A friends son who's almost a year younger than evan can spell many words with his blocks. it's amazing. i don't know if he's a genius writer though. as far as I know, Evan doesn't learn letter writing at school :(. I'll have to ask him if he knows how. Thanks for inspiring me again to see what evan can do. :)

    ReplyDelete