Serif played with his guitar all night. I could barely get him in the bath and once I did, he didn't stay in very long. He was too anxious to get back out and play it some more!
Once I got him out, I wrapped him in the towel and gave him his guitar. I laid him down on the changing table to lotion him and I find him holding it like an upright base and just picking away; but with it came a "bow" mouth movement. It was hilarious! I know he picked it up from the band at The Red Bar. It was priceless! I'm so sad that I couldn't get a photo or video of it and I pray it stays in my memory forever!
All the books we read before bed were the ones with musical buttons and he never put the guitar down the entire time. When it came time to turn out the lights, I tried to take the guitar and trade it for Mr. Hubert or the glow-worm, but he wouldn't go for it. So . . . he went to bed with the guitar. (Our routine is: turn out the light, sway as I pray with him, then put him down . . . here we are swaying. Of course, I had to get Jeff to take photos. Sorry, I couldn't pick just one.)
Jeff and I went back to the living room once I laid him down and then we started hearing what sounded like a Japanese garden . . . a strum here and bong there. It was so funny! I did get video just to capture the sound, but you have to turn it up all the way to hear it. The sound is at the beginning of the video and then it goes silent. He went through several spells of this that lasted maybe 3 or 4 minutes.
Here he is, asleep. You can see he never let go. I had to go back in later and carefully slide the guitar out from under his arm. It was the sweetest thing.
i cannot express the pure love and joy of these gee-tar posts! this is so precious. even the pictures of you doing your bedtime routine is precious but the sleeping baby with guitar still attached to his chubby little fingers... PRICELESS!!!! maybe he could bring it to evans party and serenade everyone? ;) lol Evan would just try to claim it as his own. that's it, i'm going to copy you again, i'll have to get evan one too but maybe for christmas? i'm already contemplating a bike and something leap frog/alphabet typwriter, for his bday... we'll see...
ReplyDeletei just came by to see how cute this was again. :) still the sweetest thing ever! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Lila! I have to be honest and say I get a little weak with a tingle in my chest and stomach when I look at these two posts because it just melt my heart! I love seeing him have such passion for something! It's just so sweet. He has slept with the guitar the whole week. Last night was the first night without it. Of course, I'd have to go in once he fell asleep to take it out of his crib, but it's been so sweet!
ReplyDeletePhillips Toy Mart on Harding Road in Belle Meade is AMAZING! If you and Michael ever make it out here, we'll have to take a trip. You guys would love it! The prices are very comparable too. Our new favorite store.