Sunday, March 7, 2010

giddy up

make sure your sound is on.


About a year or so ago, I was in a local consignment shop and found these fabulous little cowboy boots. I stood in the store for a while deciding if I really wanted to buy them or not. They were only $4.00, but somehow I ended up passing them up. It was one of those things that I regretted from the moment I got in the car. I thought about them constantly and when I got home I told Jeff about them. He didn't understand why I didn't get them, but it was in Franklin where they were and I just didn't have time to go back. The next day at work, I told a friend of mine about them. She said, 'I live by there, do you want me to pick them up for you?'. What? Yes! Please!

So, they have been sitting in Serif's closet just waiting for him to grow in to them since then. Now I never intended on them being an everyday shoe, but thought it would be a fun twist to an occasional outfit or dress up or something.

A few weeks ago, I was in Serif's closet putting some things away and he saw them. I pulled them out for him and somehow they ended up in our bedroom closet. When I get dressed in the morning, he generally wants to play with them. I'll put them on his arms like gloves or put them on his feet and I tell him they're his BOOTs. (Pop the 'B' and stress the O's). He smiles and will sit there with them for a while. They never seem to go on all the way and him still be able to bend his knees, so they generally come back off pretty quickly.

This morning as I was getting dressed for church, he kept wanting them on his feet. I put one on him and he takes off (keeping a hold of my hand so he doesn't fall). He made it to the living room to show daddy and then turned around and went back to the closet. Since he was loving it so much, I decided to put the other one on him. Much to my surprise, he took off! He was a little wobbly at first, but SO enjoyed the sound of the heels hitting the hardwood, that it didn't matter. I think they finally worked their way on to a good fit and he walked and walked and walked. They just cleared his knees enough for him to be able to get around. They are 2 sizes too big for him, which is just hilarious. If you notice in the video, as soon as he hits carpet, he turns around to click some more on the hardwood floors. He is so funny.

Oh! I forgot about this. This was the post when I got them!
http://jeffandmichellesbabyblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/boots.html

3 comments:

  1. when she saw this video ella said "this part is bery wonderful" (i think that sums up my sentiments too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. this is very cute. ;) I'm pretty sure we'd all like some shoes that make noise at that age. hmmm... maybe I need to go to marty and liz... he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never seen anything cuter! I had this huge smile while I watched. (love your house!!)

    ReplyDelete